In a previous blog we present the concept and benefits of all on four dental implants London. This procedure is becoming increasingly popular with a group of unlucky patients who lost their teeth to various causes.
The all on 4 dental implants London can be provide the solution to the suffering resulted from having no teeth. It allows the placement of immediate dental implant London and to have new bridge fitted all in one day resulting in a teeth in a day London. It has many advantages
However, is it as good as many claims?
You may ask is it risk free?
What can go wrong with all on 4 dental implants?
Like any dental procedure there are risk associated with this type of treatments. The following provide some of the more relevant risks. It is crucial that you consider them carefully before embarking on this dental implant procedure.
- Surgical complications: The more common result from this same day smile surgery is a degree of discomfort, swelling and bruising. However, in our experience this is minor complication and a simple course of pain killer is adequate to control any discomfort in few days post-surgery.
- Failure of the implant to integrate: The placed dental implants takes few months to fully integrate and become solid in the jawbone. However, in small percentage of patients this integration process may not work! There are many causes for it including infection to the surgical site, poor bone quality and quantity. In some cases, there is no clear explanation why the body reject the tooth implant.
- Peri-Implantitis: This is a term used with continuous bone loss around the healed and integrated implant. Eventually, the implant will become loose and fail. The main cause for this condition is inadequate plaque control. There are many risk factors to this condition including a history of gum disease, smoking, some systemic diseases (e.g. uncontrolled diabetes), some medication (e.g. certain types of antidepressants) As a result, we strongly recommend smoking cessation and strict plaque control region if you to consider having dental implants.
- Nerve injuries: One of the main benefits of all on four dental implants is avoiding critical anatomical locations like nerves and sinus locations. Hence, careful planning is usually adequate to reduce such risk significantly.
- Chipping and teeth break: this usually happen particularly with patients who grind or clench their teeth. We always recommend the use of a bite guard to protect the newly fitted implant bridge London.
While that might seem like a long list of highly-unpleasant problems, remember that serious problems are rare and success rates are 95%+ as long as you find a trusted implant dentist London to do the surgery and look after your teeth. Regular visits to the dentist and the dental hygienist for regular professional teeth cleaning are a must and can help manage most problems easily thanks to early detection.
That said, be sure to contact your dentist as soon as possible if you have any of the symptoms mentioned in order to prevent implant failure or at the very least avoid developing more serious health problems.
Are you suffering from missing teeth or you know someone who may benefit from tooth implants London?
Please feel free to contact us with any question. Dr Firas Daoudi specialist dentist with over than 20 years of experience with dental implant will be happy to answer your questions
Thank you for reading this blog