BRUSHING YOUR TEETH twice a day for two minutes is an important practice that helps keep your smile bright and healthy. But, does it have to be boring? We certainly don’t think so!
Brush For A Full Two Minutes
Using proper brushing technique for at least two minutes is necessary to ensure that all tooth surfaces are properly cleaned.
Sometimes we may be tempted to speed through our morning routine and brush a bit more vigorously to make up the difference. Brushing too aggressively, however, can lead to gum recession, tooth decay, or more serious oral health concerns. So, how do we make brushing for the full two minutes more fun?
Fun Tips To Make The Time Fly By
- Brush to the beat! Brushing your teeth to your favorite song can help those two minutes fly by.
- Use an app. The Oral-B™ brushing app, for example, times your brushing for you while letting you scroll through the news.
- (Yes, exercise!) Some people choose to stretch, do calf raises or even squats while they brush.
- Read, watch television or stream videos. Taking your mind off of watching the clock helps brushing go by more quickly.
What About The Kids?
Making brushing fun for you is one thing, for kids it can be even harder. So, what can we do as parents to help our kids enjoy those two minutes of brushing in their morning and nightly routine?
- Having your kids push the button on the timer or put the toothpaste on the toothbrush are small gestures that make it more fun for them.
- Make it a game! Help your kids use their imagination while brushing.
- Offer a reward. For example, give your child points every time they brush. When they reach a certain amount of points, they can earn a special prize!
- Brush with them! Kids love following the example of their parents and if they see you doing it, they will likely want to do it themselves.
We Love Helping You Care For Your Smile
In the end, it’s all about doing something you enjoy while brushing. Whether it’s reading the news, watching your favorite TV show, or listening to music, brushing those teeth can be quick, beneficial and fun!
If you have any questions about ways to make your oral health routine more enjoyable, feel free to ask! We are committed to providing you with all the tools you need to enjoy a lifetime of happy and healthy smiles.
Thank you for reading our blog and being a valued patient and friend!
Image by Flickr user kerinin used under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 license. Image cropped and modified from original.
The content on this blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of qualified health providers with questions you may have regarding medical conditions.